Our Child Care Center is used by many families. It is vital that everyone strive to keep it as safe and hygienic as possible. We trust you will all understand that the well-being of ALL the children in our care is our most important priority. Please keep your child home if he/she shows any of the following symptoms:
- Fever of 101.0 or higher in the previous 24 hours. Please remember that the children must be fever-free for 24 hours WITHOUT fever reducing medication such as Tylenol, Advil, or Motrin before returning to our center. If you feel your child has a non-contagious fever due to teething, ear infection, etc. you must bring a note from your child's physician stating they are non-contagious before they can be re-admitted to our center.
- Vomiting within the previous 24 hours
- Diarrhea within the previous 24 hours
- Persistent cough
- Head lice
- Unexplained rash or skin irritation
- Fussy, cranky, and generally "not him/herself"
- Symptoms of or exposure to a communicable disease
- Heavy nasal discharge
- Contagious skin or eye infection. Rashes and pink eye must be diagnosed by a health care professional. It is assumed to be contagious until a health care professional states otherwise.
If your child comes down with any of these symptoms while at the center, they will need to be picked up within one hour and may not return until they are symptom free for 24 hours unless you have a doctor's note saying your child can return.